Antioch's Plan as we Navigate COVID-19
The current health crisis has the world in upheaval.
The Bible says that the enemy comes to kill, steal and destroy - he wants to use this time to sow seeds of anger, frustration and fear, BUT there is good news.
The good news is that Jesus has an invitation of peace and hope for us. He alone is God, and He is good. He is not taken off guard by this, and He is STRONG. So, while the world is in chaos, we are called to be a people who seek and live in peace by the power of the Holy Spirit, the one Who lives in us. He is our comfort, and He will give us all we need to be kind, loving and courageous in the face of this current crisis.
As a people, we will continue to pray and seek the Lord, and we will stay true to who we are - a people who loves God, shares life and proclaims Jesus to the world around us! It may look different in this time, but we will not forsake meeting together, and we will not stop seeking the face of Jesus because that is who He has created us to be.
We will continue to remain in compliance with local, state and national leaders, and will provide information to you as we get it.
This page serves to keep you in the loop about what is happening at Antioch and how we can continue to engage with Jesus and each other during this time
Stay informed, and subscribe to our newsletter!
Join us for Our Celebration Service!
We are excited to announce a new indoor location for our Celebration Services! We will be meeting on Saturdays at 6:00pm at CrossFit Five Plus @ the Cummings Center (100 Cummings Center Suite 135e, Beverly, MA). We are so grateful for such a large space to meet and worship together in a safe way.
To view the full and most up to date details for our Celebration Service, please go to our upcoming events page.
Keep in mind that registration for our service will be required. Please register by clicking HERE.
Join Us For Pre-Service Prayer
Please join us in prayer before our Celebration Service. We will be praying for the service as well as anything else the Lord puts on our hearts.
There will be no pre-service prayer this week. Updates will be coming soon as we continue to work out details around our new meeting location, day, and time.
Introducing our Antioch Acts Initiative Lifegroups!
The Antioch Acts Initiative is a shift in how we gather to bring us closer to the beautiful picture we see in Acts 2. In one sense, these groups are a merging of lifegroups and discipleship groups. They will not be centered around an event, but around our devotion to Jesus and each other. We are forming smaller, more intentional groups to engage with God, His Word, and each other.
For more information please visit our Lifegroups Page.
More Information and Updates:
Celebration Service Gatherings
- Saturday evening gatherings are taking place in a socially-distanced, guideline-abiding manner. Please look for our Celebration Service link above, or subscribe to our weekly email for additional details.
Subscribe to Our YouTube channels
- Click here for our Antioch Beverly YouTube Channel, where we will be posting videos and worship playlists.
- We will be updating our Antioch Greater Boston YouTube Channel regularly with equipping content and other resources developed by our staff and leaders.
Our staff are developing weekly resources for parents and families. Please visit our Equipping//Compass Children's Church Page for detailed weekly plans and staff contact information.
Below are additional resources:
We believe that giving is an act of faith and worship. We acknowledge that this time stretches us in many ways, and we encourage you to pray about what God is inviting you into in this time. We encourage you to continue to give regularly in faith so we can continue to support our staff and our regular benevolence giving. Please visit our Give Page to give to Antioch Beverly or Antioch New England.
We desire to be the Church as we extend help generously to our neighbors in need. We have set up a fund to help those in the community who have immediate financial hardship resulting from this pandemic and its effects. You can access our COVID-19 Relief fund link through our Give Page.
If you, or someone you know has a need (financial or prayer) please contact our pastor Brian.
Being the Church
Historically, the followers of Jesus have stepped up in times of fear and crisis, making personal sacrifices to love others. In fact, Jesus Himself came to earth, which was riddled with sin and sickness to take it on Himself and nail it to the cross.
Because we don’t fear death in the same way as those who do not have the hope of Jesus, we are in a position to reveal his power and hope in situations like this. We must and we can resist fear and walk in the confidence of the Lord. He will uphold us with his righteous right hand. (Isaiah 41:10)
- Check on your neighbors—especially if someone is quarantining themselves or is sick. Be safe, of course, but help them and serve them.
- If you have relationships with seniors, please make an effort to regularly check on them to see if you can serve them in some way.
- Always follow CDC guidelines and thoroughly wash your hands.
- Avoid any actions that might endanger more vulnerable populations such as seniors or those with existing respiratory illnesses.
- Pray for our nation and its leaders, our state and city and their leaders, Antioch Community Church, medical professionals, the sick, and for revival.
If you have any financial or prayer needs during this time we'd love to hear from you!
- How can we help you feel connected during this time?
- Are there any resources that you would like to have access to?
- Do you have a practical or spiritual need that we may be able to help you with?
Please feel use this link to email our Pastor Brian or our elders.