Compass Children's Church
Pointing each child to life’s true North, Jesus.
Compass classrooms are dynamic and fun environments where kids can encounter God, be discipled, and be trained to live on mission. Each Sunday, your child will learn about the Bible and how it relates to Jesus in a creative and age-appropriate way. The lessons are fun and approachable and are taught by committed volunteers who love to serve Jesus by serving you and your kids. We also want to equip parents to help their kids grow in their relationship with Jesus throughout the week.
We believe God designed your home to be the center of your children’s spiritual development. You have the awesome responsibility and opportunity to be the most influential person in your children’s lives! We encourage all parents to cultivate family devotional times in their homes, and model Christian faith for your kids. First and foremost, we desire parents to be growing in their own personal relationship with God, and to become secure in your identity in Christ.
We encourage you to make every effort to stay connected in small groups (lifegroup, accountability, or discipleship groups) as we believe this is an effective way to spur you on in your personal relationship with God. This centers your life and enables you to pour into your children from a place of confidence in your identity.
What To Expect Sunday Morning
- We offer Compass Ministry for kids birth-11. We have friendly volunteers ready to help you find the right classroom for your child at our check in station. We provide cheerios and water for each classroom. If your child has an allergy to these snacks please let our teachers know.
- For security you will receive a card at check in. You must present at drop-off and pick-up at your child’s designated classroom. If we need your assistance with your child during the service, a Compass volunteer will come and touch base with you during the service.
- Your child’s safety is a priority to us. Each of our Compass volunteers are screened through our interview process, reference check, and CORI background check. They are trained by our Compass Ministry Staff.
- We like to worship together as a church family and welcome children of all ages to participate with their families.
- After worship, children ages birth to 11 will be called to the front. This blessing was written by our pastors and we as a church community pray it over our children every week.
- Following the blessing, children will transition from the auditorium to their classes. The classrooms run for about 45 minutes.
- We have skilled teachers and wonderful leaders who through Bible stories and hands-on activities teach your child(ren) about God's plan of hope for the world, and how much we are loved by Jesus.
Mothers’ Care Room
- This is a private and comfortable space for moms to feed and care for their infants during our service.
Details About Our Compass Classrooms
Compass Nursery: Children Ages Birth – 2
We don’t see Sunday as babysitting, we see it as an opportunity for your child to experience Jesus through worship music playing in the classroom, to the Bible being read to your child and by having our volunteers pray and engage with each child. We want your newborn or toddler to feel cared for and loved not only by us but by Jesus.
Compass Toddlers: Children Ages 3 – 5
Kids in this room will have the chance to play and engage with their peers as well as participate in a Bible story and song. Our focus in this room is creating a fun and safe environment for kids to play together as well as a chance for them to learn more about Jesus and how he loves them.
Compass Classroom: Children Ages 6 – 11
In this class, children will have the opportunity to learn in a rich setting that includes a combination of large group activities and small group response times. Each small group has an adult volunteer. Each small group has activities that are prepared according to the group’s abilities. Our focus in this time is to help kids learn to grow closer to God and to each other.
Compass Ministry Leaders
We are here to worship Jesus and to serve you parents. Our staff is made up of volunteer adults who are committed to making Antioch a great place for families.
- Contact our Compass Ministry Leader, Ben Hanchett, with general questions or comments.
- Parents with questions specific to children pre-K and older may contact our Compass Classroom Coordinator, Jonathan Neil.
Do you have a gift for teaching children? or are you interested in volunteering with Compass?
Our Compass Ministry relies on several faithful volunteers each week. We’d love your help! If you would like to volunteer or receive more information, please email our Compass Ministry Leaders, Ben or Jon.
Jesus said, "Let the little children come to me and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these." Matthew 19:14 (NIV)