Advent Skit Tryouts
When: Sunday, November 17 // 9:30am-10:00am
Where: Ayers Ryal Side School Cafeteria
ADVENT SKIT TRYOUTS – Grade 3 up to teenagers
Parents need to verify that they will be there for the Sunday of the skit and the Sunday before to practice at 9:30 a.m. each day.
Skit Dates: December 1, 8, 15, 22 and 29
There will be both speaking, and a few non-speaking parts, plus Scripture Readers
Please e-mail Sandy Hokanson for details and with questions.
Prayer Team Ministry Meeting
When: Sunday, November 24 // 9:00am-10:00am
Where: Ayers Ryal Side School - Room 143
For those currently on the Prayer Team AND anyone interested in Prayer Team ministry. Please make every effort to attend, as important vision and new details will be communicated. Thank you!
If you cannot make it, please contact Melanie Melanson.
When: Sunday, November 24 // 5:30pm-7:30pm
Where: Antioch Waltham - 17 Spruce Street, Waltham
Encounter Night is a space to encounter God through extended worship and Spirit-led ministry time.
Limited childcare will be available. To request childcare for your children (infants through 2nd grade) please fill out THIS FORM.
Join A D-Group!
Interested in getting involved in a discipleship group but not sure who to pair (or triple) up with? Don't fear, our lifegroup and discipleship group leader is here!
If you are interested in learning more about discipleship groups, or if you would like to begin participating in one, please e-mail Dan Hayner!
Personal Prophetic Appointments
When: Four slots available the first Sunday of each month: Two @ 9:00-9:15am and Two @ 9:15-9:30am (next opportunity: Sunday, December 1st)
How: Sign up in the church lobby at the Welcome Table
We all hear from God in a variety of ways as individuals. However, it is also helpful to hear from God in community. Personal prophetic appointments are an opportunity to have a team of 2 or 3 people gifted in the prophetic hear from God on your behalf - for your encouragement, comfort, and strengthening.
Join A Lifegroup!
Want to learn more about our Lifegroups? Or, looking to become a part of one of our current Lifegroups? Click HERE in order to visit the Lifegroups Page where you can find all of the information you need to get into contact with, and find out how to attend, any of our Lifegroups!
Looking for ways to serve your community? Consider supporting growing families at Antioch Beverly. Families are sometimes in need of practical things like childcare, meals, errands, folding laundry, etc. Contact Hannah Mercier if you would like to be added to the email chain and notified of any practical needs in our midst.
Foster Care Information
Who are the waiting kids?
- Please visit the Massachusetts Adoption Resource Exchange (MARE) website to get more information about adoption and the kids that are waiting.
Attend an Information Session:
You are invited to attend an information session to learn more about Foster Care and Fostering to Adopt. DCF serves children of all ages from infants to adolescents, from every community, who need a home.
- You can be single, married, partnered, divorced; or widowed.
- You can rent or own a home.
- Time spent with you in a stable and secure environment gives a child a chance to heal
- The rewards of providing daily care, guidance and acceptance to a child are immeasurable
If you’ve ever thought about opening your home to a child in need, this is the perfect opportunity to talk with staff from the Department of Children and Families (DCF) and foster parents.
Visit: https://www.mass.gov/guides/upcoming-foster-careadoption-informational-meetings for a list of other information sessions, or to learn more about DCF https://www.mass.gov/orgs/massachusetts-department-of-children-families
Becoming an adoptive or foster parent.
- See this video about becoming an adoptive or foster parent.
Apply to become a foster parent in Massachusetts!
- Visit this website to apply.
- After you’ve applied to become an adoptive or foster parent, the next step is to complete a Massachusetts Approach to Partnership in Parenting (MAPP) training course. Please email Travis Shultz for more details.
North Shore Foster Care Initiative Meetings:
- The North Shore Foster Care Initiative Meeting is a time for people interested in being a part of the solution of ending the foster care crisis on the North Shore to connect, share ideas, be educated, and pray. Come and hear about what God is doing and what you can do to be a part of the solution to reduce the number kids waiting for a safe home to zero!
- 7:00pm at Christ the Redeemer, 188 Elliot St, Danvers, MA 01923
- The next one scheduled to be held is on: Nov. 21, 2019.
Stay Informed and Subscribe!
Each week we send out a newsletter that features upcoming event details, relevant links, information about our current sermon series, meal help information, and more! If you don't already get our newsletter, or if your contact information has changed, please subscribe! You can either subscribe online by going to the "Home" page of our website (antiochbeverly.org) and scrolling to the bottom of the page to fill out your information in the provided fields, or you can fill out a new "Connect Card" at church on Sunday.
Please Email Catelyn Newby with any questions.