Date for next workshop: November 16th - 18th 2017
How do you make progress as an organization and simultaneously empower those you oversee to problem-solve for themselves and reach their own goals?
What is professional coaching?
The International Coaching Federation (www.coachfederation.org) defines coaching as partnering with clients in a thought-provoking and creative process that inspires them to maximize their personal and professional potential, which is particularly important in today’s uncertain and complex environment. Coaches honor the client as the expert in his or her life and work and believe every client is creative, resourceful and whole. Standing on this foundation, the coach's responsibility is to:
- Discover, clarify, and align with what the client wants to achieve
- Encourage client self-discovery
- Elicit client-generated solutions and strategies
- Hold the client responsible and accountable
This process helps clients dramatically improve their outlook on work and life, while improving their leadership skills and unlocking their potential.
Workshop facilitator Mark Buckner will be referencing the C.O.A.C.H. material pioneered by Keith Webb of Creative Results Management, see www.creativeresultsmanagement.com.
Who Is Facilitating The Workshop?
Main Facilitator: Mark Buckner
Mark Buckner is the pastoral leader at Antioch Community Church Brighton and one of the overseers for Antioch New England ("ANE"). He holds a Master’s Degree from Fuller Seminary, and is licensed to teach the C.O.A.C.H. approach through his credentials through Keith Webb’s Creative Results Management.
Co-Facilitators: John Clark and Sean Richmond
John Clark, a lawyer by training, has several years of diverse business experience. He worked as a strategy consultant before going to law school and opening his own law practice, and, following God’s call on his life, eventually became the Director of Business Operations at Antioch New England ("ANE") where he oversees all business, legal and HR related matters for the ANE movement of churches. John earned his coaching credentials through Keith Webb’s Creative Results Management, and uses the COACH model to help guide and inspire others.
Sean Richmond is the Lead Pastor at Antioch Waltham and one of the overseers for Antioch New England ("ANE"). He earned his Masters degree from Gordon Conwell Theological Seminary. Sean has over 20 years of experience teaching and equipping, having invested hundreds of hours mentoring and coaching leaders.
Sean earned his coaching credentials through Keith Webb’s Creative Results Management, and uses the C.O.A.C.H. model to help guide and inspire others.
What will the general schedule be?
- Thu, 6 PM-10 PM (dinner included)
- Fri, 9 AM-5 PM (lunch included)
- Sat, 9 AM-5 PM (lunch included)
What is the cost?
$125 including three meals!
Financial assistance is available - please e-mail Jen Odamah. Also, previous attendees have been able to get the conference covered by their employer, if you want more info, let us know.
What information will be presented?
The C.O.A.C.H. workshop will include the following sessions, each one lasting approximately 90 minutes:
- The Mindset of Transformational Leaders (what is coaching?)
- Listening Actively (creating space for people to learn)
- The C.O.A.C.H. Model (an effective way to empower people in any setting
- Asking Powerful Questions (helping others to think more deeply; asking questions that provoke discovery)
- Speaking the Truth with Grace (how to help others overcome blind spots)
- Designing Actions (helping others explore many options)
- Following Up (learning from experiences)
- Coaching (integrating all the skills)
- Supporting Progress (applying critical learning)
- Coaching Practice Sessions
What can I expect to learn and be able to do as a result of my participation?
As a result of your active participation in this workshop, you will be able to:
- Recognize the value of a coaching approach to empower individuals
- Understand the benefits of non-directive leadership
- Adopt a developmental mindset regardless of position or role
- Understand how coaching is different from counseling, mentoring, and consulting
- Use a coaching approach practically in your sphere of influence
- Demonstrate the use of coaching skills in a variety of situations
- Memorize several coaching models and question sets
- Enjoy a level of confidence in applying the coaching approach
- Employ coaching skills during the training
- Create a plan for implementation of coaching approaches in your sphere of influence
- Understand the effectiveness of peer coaching
Where is the workshop located?
The workshop will be held at Antioch Community Church Waltham, 17 Spruce St. Waltham, MA 02453
How do I register?
Please purchase and read this book (before attending if possible). The COACH Model
You can register online here: Online Registration Form, and
Pay Here: Online Payment Form (Choose "Conferences & Retreats" - the cost is $125)